FYI – Qualifications for Board Trustees
Standard bylaws state a candidate must
● Be an Active Member of the ministry.
● Desires to serve on the board
● Endeavor to live in accordance with the Jesus Christ principles of Love and Truth as taught by Unity.
● Further the work of the ministry through active personal interest, love and support.
● Is a sincere and continuing student of Unity and conversant with its teachings.
● Has, or is demonstrating leadership capabilities.
● Active volunteer on a team
● Consistent attendance for Sunday services, classes, and special events
● Has demonstrated regular, identifiable financial support
● Length of time as a member
● Curious and interested in learning
● Has control over one’s own time and can plan in advance.
● Business background – experience – organizational skills – professional specialty
● Availability to check and respond to email communication daily and must have capability to open attachments in various forms (PDF file, word, video).
● Is willing to have a “Background Check” conducted.
Projected Time Commitments
3-year terms (2 maximum)
A minimum of 10 monthly board meetings per year
Attendance at any special Board meetings
1 Annual Weekend Training Retreat
1 Annual Meeting after church in May
3 Quarterly Congregational Meetings after church throughout the year
Board presence at all major event/projects of the church
General availability for Board tasks and committee service (as needed)
(this year, most Board members give an average of 8 hours per month to board service)
Click here to download a word document of the questions. Please type your responses in the body of the document. When complete, “save” it then email it, plus a copy of your resume to us. Please note: If you are unable to download the word document, please send us a request by email and we will send you a copy.